Saturday, October 08, 2005

Ramblings: Bagels, Barnes, and Baseball

Got up at 7:30, since I had to work at nine. Read the paper. Surprised to see nothing about Bush's remarks that we've foiled twelve terrorist plots since 9/11, including five for our soil. But why would the media report something that's both positive AND pro-Bush?

Worked six hours, with a break. 'Twas very busy. Only second time doing a breakfast shift, since I'm not really "available" during those hours, and only work then when I'm needed. Managers were again impressed with my quick grasping of the concepts of toasting bagels and heating biscuits and hotcakes and whatnot. I guess they don't expect employees to do what they're told and remember it when they learn something new. But it means they like me more, and it's always good to have your managers like you. It's even better to have them like you because you're a good and hard worker. I think I'm due for a raise in the near future...

Called my girlfriend to see about checking out the new Barnes and Nobles with her tomorrow, or finish watching The Prince of Egypt, which has an amazing musical score. Speaking of which, I need to write more music for the school's play tomorrow, too. I've got a bunch of various ditties floating around that need to be strapped down and molded, but I'm still clueless about the big fight scene.

Played some football with some friends from my former youth group and their friends. Wide receiver, missed some embarrassingly easy grabs since I lack skills, but still caught an interception for a touchdown that finished the first game, and received two more in the second game. Haven't exercised much lately besides sporadic weightlifting, and I was mildly worn out.

Cardinals play tonight after 10. Commissioner Bud Selig apologized to fans for the late start, saying it was unavoidable due to other baseball and football games scheduled on the same day. Makes him look good that he even bothered to apologize, though, right? Until you read in the paper that Kit Bond noted that when a 10 o'clock playoff game occurred a few years ago, he promised "no more 10 o'clock games." And now he broke his promise. Sure, it was unavoidable, but now he gets scolded because of his previous comments.

A tip to my friend who wants to become president (and any other hopefuls out there): When you make promises, only promise to try. Never say that you will make something happen, or that you will not let something happen again. Because the Murphy demons will make sure the opposite comes true, and the media will never forget it. Poor Bud.

Edmond the Hun

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO CARDS!!!

Anonymous said...

*shrug*
-Sanguine