Sunday, October 16, 2005

Economy, continued

An anonymous "Fresh Eavesdropper" left an insightful and knowledgable comment on my previous economic-related post. The trickle-down related information was especially insightful. (Although it doesn't help me decide how likely the economy will crash this Christmas if people can't and don't spend enough on stuff).

While I recognize that movies are a far from ideal measure of the status of the economy and the people's amount of spending money, it is the only set for which I have readily available data (via www.boxofficemojo.com). Book publishers release rankings only, not numbers. And I simply don't know where to find other useful numbers.

Yet we have now had three weekends in a row without a $20-million grossing movie. Can this be attributed solely to a lack of good movies?

Edmond the Hun

No comments: