Friday, September 02, 2005

Halo Movie, Reconsidered

Two of my friends strongly disagreed with me about my assertion that a Halo movie would flop. I started a poll on a forum that I frequent to discuss this very issue. As it stands after two days, the votes are:

4 for "Can't wait, I'll definitely see it"
3 for "Maybe, I'll wait for more info"
2 for "It won't work, I'll save my money"

Now, I realize that this is a very localized poll, consisting of a few visitors to an online Christian forum, and can in no way represent the overall enthusiasm of the nation as a whole toward this movie. But it would at least appear that a Halo movie would be more popular and better received than I initially believed.

Here are a few excerpts of posters' comments:

  • "Sounds like a heckuva good movie to me. Master Chief massacring aliens sounds just as good to watch as to control."

  • "Well, I think the Halo movie will do quite well. It has an immensely deep storyline, with or without the alien killing."

  • "sounds kinda cool. I flip for the video game, but a movie might be a bit of a stretch... lets just see how it turns out."
I'll keep you updated on further poll results or relevant comments.

Edmond the Hun

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right. Well I'm not holding my breath for this movie. I'm thinking of starting the list of "top 100 movies you should NEVER see":
1. Prince and Me
2. Walk to Remember
3. Million Dollar Baby
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey
5. The Wedding Date

that's all i have so far. i'm sure as i continue to waste time and money i shall discover more.
-Sanguine

Anonymous said...

What do you hate about A Walk to Remember?

Anonymous said...

Sorry Super Hero. remember that all such lists are subjective and not worth alot lol i don't have many opinions but the ones i do have i say loud and proud ;) Hill is my companion in Cynicism. (the library is doing funny things to us...i think we've spent too much time in that little room cataloging Christian romances that alllll take place in Montana. everyone's soul mates are in Montana. just so you know.)

i don't like sad predictable movies. as far as "Walk/Remember" goes, i predicted the ending about 10 minutes into it. i didn't like the guy, i thought he was a jerk. and i don't like mandy moore either which is just a personal bias. and i watched it around 1 in the morning. *shrug* maybe if circumstances had been more favorable...anyways, give me a happee sci-fi movie over that any day. i don't rap people who like the movies on my "never see" list! it is there for my own personal ranting and review.

i'll try to limit my cynical attacks to a quieter forum.
-Sanguine