Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Defending Christmas

Once again, this Christmas we are confronted with the dissenting atheistic absolute-less minority that wants to banish Christmas and any mention or implication of the word from our country. For example, one parent got upset because they didn't want their child exposed to the word "Christmas" in school. We're not even talking Jesus and the manger---just the word "Christmas." So if a couple people get offended, we have to cater to them? Frankly, I don't get it. They're being hypocritical, close-minded, and selfish. Let me elaborate.

First, they are in the minority. The elections drove this point home, but the majority of the nation are either religious conservatives or at least people who think they are or don't have a problem with them. The people that have a problem with anything Christian are the ones in the minority. So, we have a couple people getting offended, and the rest of us have to change for them. What about all the religious conservatives getting offended by the minority? Shouldn't we change for them. No, of course not. And where's the logic in this?

Second, as a radio talk show guy brought out, the Constitution does not give you the right to not be offended! To be offended is not a crime! And if it is, the religious conservative minority is being a lot more offended than the atheistic minority.

Third, let me show you an easy way where the logic falls apart: Guess what, guys? I don't believe in Santa Claus! And you know what, I can't stand the disgusting thought of my kids being exposed to Santa Claus! So, since I'm being offended by all the Santa Claus references and songs and posters out there, I'm going to cry out to get rid of them all to save my kids from being exposed to that. Because it offends me! I don't care what the majority of the people think about Santa Claus. I don't care that they're allowed to believe in him or not. I don't care! All I care is that since I don't believe in him, that means we have to get rid of everything that even implies the word Santa Claus. Kick him out of the malls! Get rid of the songs! The movies! The decorations! Why? Because I'm one little minority person who doesn't want to be offended!

Do you see how stupid that is? Of course, Santa Claus would never be deleted from the holiday season! So why is it any different than Jesus? Why do we have to cover him up and any little reference to him, all because of a few offended people? Why are we walking on eggshells so we're careful not to offend a few people? These kinds of people tell us to be tolerant and inclusive, but they don't want to be tolerant of the religious conservative majority. The fact of the matter is, they just don't like God. And they don't care what anyone else thinks about God. They just want to get rid of him. And they have no right to do so.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Edmond the Hun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay Edmond your ranting always makes me feel better. :) Glad you're back and exposing the ludicrousness of America. way to go *cheers* walking on eggshells is no fun, i protest!! *grabs sign*

-Sanguine