Sunday, February 25, 2007

Everybody wants to be president... (616 days to go)

Well, we only have 616 days left until it's time to vote for another president, so I better update you on the latest. Tom Vilsack (Tom who?) has dropped out of the race, bringing the Democrats down to seven wanna-bes. The Republican number is steady at five.

Since this is my first post about the Presidential race, I'll lay out all of my notes thus far:

1) Hillary and Obama haven't been getting along in their recent campaigning. This might damper hopes of a Clinton-Obama ticket.

2) I don't think Hillary will get the Democratic nomination. She leads in some polls but a lot of people hate her. Enough Democrats are aware of this that they will be reluctant to give her the nomination because it might cause potential voters to swing Republican simply to avoid making Hillary the First Man.

3) A lot of people hate her. I already said this, but it deserves its own point for this reason: Some radical conservatives hate her so much that they would rather see her dead than become president. I suppose this scenario is more like a Tom Clancy novel than real life, but I cannot say that I would be surprised if someone attempted to assassinate her while she was campaigning, especially if she actually gets the Democratic nomination. I'm just being real about the level of hatred and disgust some people have for this woman.

4) So far Republican candidate Sam Brownback is my favorite based on his beliefs and positions. However, I would like to learn more about his experience, knowledge, and abilities before I would commit to supporting him. Because there lies the moral dilemma: do you vote for the one who believes all the right things about abortion and gay marriage (things which the President alone has little control over), or the one who would be the best at leading the country and interacting with other countries and all of that political stuff?

Well, that's all I got for now. We got plenty of time to decide...

Edmond the Hun

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Brownback, too. Mrs. Dampf dedicated a good portion of one class to just ranting about Hillary. At the beginning of the hour, she said, "Well, that's my political speech for the day," before continuing the speech for the next 45 minutes. Thankfully, we didn't have any Hillary supporters in the class. And yes, thank you, I WILL be voting this time around as

your recently renamed responder, Benedict P.I.

Anonymous said...

Red on yellow
Kills a fellow
Sam Brownback
Venom lack!

yeah, nevermind. but at least this confirms that he's not poisonous. That's always something to consider.

-The Swedish Eskimo