Tuesday, February 07, 2006

TOP 5 NOTEWORTHY SUPER BOWL ADS

#5. Kurt Warner and John 3:16. It's great that the message of Christianity is being preached to this huge market. Forgive me for being cynical, but I couldn't help thinking, how many drunk viewers even cared, and how many homeless people could they have fed for those $3 million dollars? And now I'm probably a heathen for not supporting Jesus in the media.

#4. The streaking goat. Or was it a sheep? I don't remember. But animal personification always has great potential. It was funny.

#3. Wife and daughter go to visit daddy in the hospital. Assistant doctor is bothered by fly and kills it with his instrument. Just as the wife and daughter walks in, he says, "Well, that killed him." Don't judge too quickly, it said. Hilarious. Except that until I read the paper I didn't know what the company was advertizing. Looks like they just gave away $3 million to make people laugh.

#2. The cave man who couldn't use Fed-Ex and then got trampled by a huge dinosaur at the end. For some reason there's just something funny about people getting unexpectedly smashed by giant animals. And since the company was part of the dialogue, I remember what the company was!

#1. My personal favorite, the Emerald Nuts acronym of Even Machete Enthusiasts Recognize A Little Druid Networking Under the Stairs. The randomness of three guys making chopping sounds at a fern while watching a hooded robed guy talking on a cell phone with his laptop is just hilarious. It had me laughing even when the game came back on. Not that I've ever seen emerald nuts or know where to find them.

Edmond the Hun

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, emerald nuts are all over the place. You can get them at Shop n save. I'll have to take you to get some, you know, get out and see the world

Anonymous said...

the streaking goat was totally #1!!! rearrange this list please. ;D

-Sanguine

p.s.
kwan had to drop the olympics, isn't that sad? sara hughes' li'l sis is gonna take her place. what a rep. to live up to!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, very sad. I would be so nervous if I were Sara Hughes!