Wednesday, January 18, 2006

$227 Million For Some Stardust

Apparently we sent up a little spaceship a few years ago to catch some comet material. And apparently it came back successfully. The scientists are excited about analyzing the material to discover clues about the universe's origins. I'm not up on my cometology, although I am fascinated by outer space, both its vastness and its varied contents.

I'm just interested in what the scientists observe because I believe the universe began differently than most of them do. For example, they don't know exactly how the earth got all of its water. They used to think that comets could have provided it (don't ask me how, this is what the article said). But recent advances have discovered that comet water seems to have a different chemical signature than Earth water does.

Again, I don't understand all of that. I do understand that God created the water with a word, so I'm not surprised if comet water doesn't seem to do the job. And I won't be surprised if analyzing these comet particles proves that theory wrong for good. To what will they turn next? After all the comet dust is settled, what will be revealed?

Edmond the Hun

(Source: www.msnbc.com)

No comments: